Another year has come and gone so its time to reflect and set new goals. Last year had its up and downs to say the least. I started out the year in the Hospital literally in the hospital. It turned out to be a blessing as I had my gallbladder removed which had been causing me a lot of problems. It took a long time to recover but when I did I had one of the best years on the bike. I put in 1400 miles last year and not one ride was over 40 miles. Everything was short and fast in preparations for my triathlons. Yes I did two TRI's last year I would have loved to do a couple more but finances just didn't work out but that is okay. The neatest thing was I was able to ride and set pace or tempo and do it for a long time. I was so amazed when I did a ride with Travis and set tempo for him for 11 miles and I wasn't tired. Matter of fact he seamed to be struggling and that was nice for him to struggle and me not I will be honest when I noticed he was having trouble I pushed it a bit just to pay back some pain for the past couple of years he inflicted it on me. I think I really surprised him and to be honest myself at the same time. I hit the pool and fell in love with swimming again, it came back to me so fast and I was amazed at the times I was putting up and by the time i did my second TRI I had knocked two minutes off my best time. I could have taken more time off but had to much interference in the pool. The running well that is a different story. It is my hardest part of the TRI and it cost me alot of time. But i will work on it and get it down to 8 min miles that is my biggest goal this year. I was able to drop 40 pounds last year and keep it off. Another 30 this year and I will be so happy. My goal is to have the weight off by my birthday. And I want to know off 30 mins off my time at Shark Attack this year. I was very hesitant last year and did not push it because of my hip, this year nothing left in the tank at the finish.
Santa this year was so incredible. I have never had so much fun as I did this year. Sheila was so much fun as Mrs. Claus she did such a great job and I had so many compliments about her just amazing is all I have to say. I was very tired at the end of the season but it was a good tired. I even started booking jobs for next year by the second week of December. That was a fist I usually start booking in March but this year people wanted to make sure I was available for next year. Not bad for never advertising. I will say it was a very successful season.
News for the year Joelle and Riley are expecting another baby so that will make two grandchildren for this grandpa. Marcus and Heather announced they will get married this year so I will add another grand child as Heather has a two year old that already calls us grandpa and grandma so I am so happy for them.
So my plan for this year is to finish losing the extra weight take 30 mins off my time at Shark attack and be a better father and husband. A interesting thing happened tonight I was asked if I was interested in riding the Rockwell Relay with team Sasquatch. I am very interested and asked for a bit more information on it before I make my decision. I will keep you informed as to my decision.
TC