Wow the past couple of months have been a whirl wind to say the least. Lets start with the wedding. Marcus and Heather decided to finally tie the knot and they asked me if I could do it. So I went on line (you got to love the internet) and became a minister. It has been interesting at peoples reaction as they found this out. From one friend completely attacking me for doing it to people being very supportive about it. The thing is if they took a minute and checked it out they would see that it the ministry has no doctrine and no teachings to follow. It is like being a justice of the peace. The funny thing is I found out that my great grandfather was a minister for a Quaker church. All and all it was so neat to marry them in the exact same spot my dad married me. I also did one more wedding a couple of weeks ago and that was Cory and Ashley. We did their wedding at the peace gardens and it was really nice.
Joelle gave birth to Aiden and he is dong great. He has been awesome as I love to take naps with him. Addison is doing great. It just amazing to see her the past couple of months, she is getting so smart and to watch her grow has been so much fun. Joelle is starting to date again which is great as that means I get to tend more, which is okay with me that just means more snuggle time with Aiden. This coming Sunday I get the privileged to bless Aiden and I am so honored to do so.
Gerolyn, Kaylee and Kinzie are enjoying the summer. Their favorite thing to do in the morning is to get ready and walk to 7-11 and get treats. They take turns playing with Mikinzie to break up the day. They have girls camp coming up in a few weeks so we are starting to get them ready for that.
Sheila is enjoying her new job and she is feeling more and more comfortable with the job. She is also enjoying being a grandma again and she was really happy when Marcus and Heather announced that they ar going to be having a baby. This will make are 4th grand baby 5th you add Alexander as we have. So the count at the moment is 3 grandsons and 1 granddaughter. She is hoping for another granddaughter but I am pulling for a grandson. We had a giant slide for the 4th of July and Sheila and the kids and grand kids had a great time. I think Sheila had the most fun and she wants to get another one for September. It was so hot we didn't get much time on it till the sun was going down and then we had a blast on it.
I have been busy this summer with work, family, triathlons and a funny little thing called bells palsy. The Bells palsy hit at a bad time tough I dont think there is a good time for it. A week before my first tri it hit me. i had a hard time with it as it made me change a few things in my swim and bike. It has taken about a month to recover and get the use of the right side of my face to work again. But I have enjoyed dong the tri's this summer and I have a couple left I want to do before this year is over. I also have a hugh race at the end of September so I have been changing my rides over the past couple of weeks. I will be doing a 4 man relay race from Salt lake to Saint George. It is a 430 mile race with each leg is about 17 miles. My good friend Curt Jensen signed me up for this. When Curt called and asked me about the race I said I was interested but needed a day to think about it. I talked to the boss and she said go for it. So I called Curt back and started asking him about it. We came down to the final and big question which is of coarse how much is the race. Curt's answer is I have already paid your entry fee as a thank you for getting me into cycling. I think he is going to put me on the climbs and make me hurt for getting him into cycling hee hee. So I have been doing longer rides with a lot of climbing in it. Yesterday I left the house rode up Memory grove around to 11th ave, over to Shriner's then over to Emigration and up Emigration I went. It was raining at the top of emigration which was fun to ride in. The descent was a bit sketchy till I got down to some dry roads. And then to home. It was a 31 mile ride with almost 3000 feet of climbing. It was a great ride and just under 3 hours so I felt good with that as I am not a climber but if I want to get better at climbing then I had better practice climbing.
So this is the start of our summer 2012.