Carton Family

Sunday, October 17, 2010

City Creek under 1 hour!!!!!

last week I climbed City Creek Canyon in 1:01:25 and that was my fastest time up the canyon. Yesterday was the City Creek Bike sprint and I am happy to say I did the ride in 54:36.... I knocked 7 mins off of my fastest time and took 2nd in my division. I accomplished two goals yesterday the first was to beat the 1 hour mark and the second was to do the climb without stopping. I do have to admit I did stop for about 20 seconds to give another rider my spare tube and my co2 cartridge as he did not have anything to fix his flat tire. So I did stop but it was for a good cause and not because I had to stop. I had a rider behind me the last three miles and I was not going to let him pass me. He finished 3 mins after me and I finally dropped him on the 17% grade with a mile left. He talked to me after the race and said he was giving it everything he had to pass me. I will admit that felt pretty good for a big guy like me. I will admit it I do not climb very fast but I will you just wait and see. I have set my goal for next year to finish the ride under 35 mins and to be out of the Clydesdale division. The Clydesdale division is for guys over 200 pounds and yes this is the last year I will race in that division.

I fixed a couple shingles on the roof yesterday and cleaned out the rain gutters. That was a lot of fun when I disturbed a hornets nest with not much room to run. Lucky the hornets where not very mad and only buzzed me for a min. I know I looked pretty funny swinging the only thing I had in my hand at them and that was my hammer, as I was backing over the roof top to the other side of the house. Yes I decided to clean out the gutters on the other side of the house till the hornets decided to leave.

To finish off the day I had a date with Sheila last night. A quick sandwich and a movie was the perfect ending to the day. Nothing Like spending some time with the better half to end the week.

We had a good laugh this morning as Sheila told me it was stake Conference today. We both had a long night so we decided to sleep in and skip conference. We found out later that next week is stake conference. Oops I had a good time teasing her about it.

Grizzlies start the season this week with the Home opener this Friday and Saturday. It has been tradition that Sheila and I go to the home opener and the last game of the season. We will see if this tradition keeps up this year as Sheila is scheduled to work till 7:00. She is going to try to get off early if she can. I have to work the penalty boxes Saturday as we start the season.

TC