What a week and I am glad it is over. We were very shorthanded at work and very busy which made for a hard long week. But I have staff back on Monday so this week will be better than last week I will only have one person gone on vacation this week so that will help a lot.
Grizzlies started this weekend with a couple of preseason games. The first was in Idaho and the second was in Logan and since it was a ECHL sanctioned game I had to go work it. So Sheila and Marcus went with me. Marcus worked his first game in the penalty box and he did a great job. You could tell he was very nervous before the game but he did do a great job. I am going to talk to my supervisor and see if I can use him this year as a substitute and then bring him on full time next year. I think he would do a great job. The highlight was dinner before the game as we ate at Maddox's ranch house. I love the Chicken fried Buffalo. And the Grizzlies did win the game and they look very good. First impression looks like we will have a good team this year.
I have a race this coming Saturday. I have been wanting to do this race for the past three years and I am finally going to do it. It is the City Creek Bike sprint. Yes it is a race up City Creek Canyon 5.5 miles of climbing not my Strong suite but I love this canyon so I will go and suffer. I rode the canyon yesterday and did it in 1:01:00. This is the fastest I have climbed the canyon and I had to stop 1 time on the steepest section. I was pushing a bit too hard right before this section. I will remember that Saturday and not push so hard before this section so I can push up this part. My goal is to do the ride under 1 hour and not stop.
Gerolyn is doing good with Becky, I am very proud of what she has done so far with her companion dog. Lots of hard work for her and I know she can do it. She is a bit frustrated as she is learning what a puppy can do. She needs to learn that a puppy is like a little kid and they need to learn and grow. I will admit Becky is very cute and I know she will learn and they will have better days ahead of them.
Addison is growing and is developing a cute personalty. she is smiling and starting to giggle and it is so dang cute. And yes she has me wrapped around her finger and I don't have a problem with that. I keep getting in trouble with her cause I will ask her is she wants to taste what ever I am eating and everyone yells at me that she is too little to takes it. I know, I know she is not ready for food but soon. Okay its a bit of way away but I can wait.
tc