Carton Family

Monday, May 23, 2011

Down 40 pounds


I have told a lot of people that I have lost a lot of weight. Well i guess pictures do a lot of talking. I was 250 pounds at the first of the year. I am down to 210 at the moment. I need to tell you what went on to bring me to this point. As I was laying in the hosipital on New Years after surgery I was thinking of my New Years resolution and I wanted to complete whatever I picked. My choice was easy I needed to loose weight and get back into shape. Yes I know round is a shape and as you can see from the pictures I was in great shape for someone that was 250 pounds. I was embarrassed by my weight. I struggled all through the year with my cycling and just did not feel that great. My goal was to get to 200 pounds this year and my ultimate goal was to get to 180 and I was hoping to do that next year. Well as you can see I have made great changes this year. My cycling is doing great my swimming is doing good my running well that is a whole different story but I am working on it and I am hoping my hip will last a bit longer. More on the hip in a bit. As you might have picked up I am running, swimming and cycling that can mean only one thing. I am going to do a triathlon in 4 weeks. This is a mini Tri that means it is a 300 yard swim, 12 mike bike ride and a 5k to finish off the event. I am so excited to do this. I have needed something to push myself and this was the ticket. Now for the bad news. I have had some issues with my hip and thought maybee I have just been pushing it a bit. Well turns out that is not the issue. Last Monday my world came crashing down and it hit me pretty hard. I was getting some EOB's to send to the insurance company for reinbursement when I noticed the imaging section so I started to read the CT scan report. To my shock I read a couple of items that I was not aware of. I first read that they found a 5mm nodule in the base of my lung. This could be nothing or it could be cancer we are going to do another CT scan with contrast to get a better idea of what is going on. The second item in the report had to do with my hip. They noticed some deteriation in my hip and some other items that too be honest dosn't look to good for me. I see Dr. West on Wednesday and we will go from their. I know it is not good by the pain I am having but I will remain optimistic until I talk to Dr. West. So between Dr. West and Dr. Collins I am in good hands. It was just very hard to read this when no one had told me about it. I will admit I lost control in my office and had a small melt down. Good thing for some great friends that helped me through the day and to the most awesome wife anyone could ask for. Sheila was the calming voice I needed as I was a mess. Anyway I am training like usual until I talk to the doctors. So that is what I am doing at the moment.

Sheila is doing so awesome in her internship. She is almost half way done. I am so proud of what she has done she is a inspiration to me. Gerolyn and kaylee both have concerts this Thursday night at the same time of course and a different schools so we are going to split up. Sheila is going to go watch Kaylee play and I am going to go watch Gerolyn dance. Kinzie has had a cough and is having a hard time getting over it but so are a lot of people that have this cough going on. Marcus is engaged to a beautiful little gal Heather is her name and she has the cutest little boy Mark. This makes it fun when you call Mark and both of them answer. Joelle and Addison are doing great and yes I do miss my granddaughter she was so much fun this past weekend when they were over her she has grown up so much. Riley is doing great in his job miss talking to him since he is only here for one week out of the month. But you have to be happy for a job in our economy right now.

I will post this weekend and give updates on the hip may take a day or two to accept what the doctor tells me. But I will listen to his advise and go from their. I am afraid that this may be my only triathlon as I am sure I will be told I should not run as they would rather not do hip surgery for another 12 years. But you know me and my body it doesn't follow doctors instructions some times. HEE HEE

TC