I did my first triathlon and it was one of the hardest things I have done in a long time. The mental part hit me hard and I am glad I have done so many things in my life that have been mentally hard so I was able to push thru it. I should tell you about the hip. I have what they call FAI with a cam impingement. the full name is femoralactiablum impingement so long story short this is what it means. The hip joint is detereating and I have a growth on the ball of the hip. Also the acctabulism (yea I know the spelling is wrong) is deteriorating as well. The hip area instead of coming out and rounding off it has some extra growth on it and that is adding to the impingement. All and all total hip replacement is in my future. As far as running the doctor said well 3 miles never killed anyone. Wish he was at the finish line cause it almost killed me. I retired from hockey as this was making it worse and I am okay with that as I have found a new sport that I love and it is going to take me a while to get to where I am happy with my results which if any of you know me that means till I am competitive with my age group. top 10 in my age group at any race is my goal. I took it easy on the run as it was my first 5K run that I have ever done and I was very nervous about it. I know I can push it harder on the next one which looks like the first of August. I have set it that way so i can keep working on my weight I want to loose another 25 pounds. I want to get to the 180's range I am holding at 208 right now and I am happy with that. Here are a couple of pictures from my first tri. Sheila loves the last picture. I had a great day and a great race my goal was 1:30:00 and I did it in 1:34:38 so I am happy with that and have something to shoot for next time as my goal is to take 10 mins off my time. Gerolyn and Kaylee are going to do a mini mini tri with me on July 30 it is a 300 yard swim a 5 mike bike ride and a 1.5 mile run. this will be so much fun to do this with them.
Carton Family
Friday, July 1, 2011
June in a nut shell
I did my first triathlon and it was one of the hardest things I have done in a long time. The mental part hit me hard and I am glad I have done so many things in my life that have been mentally hard so I was able to push thru it. I should tell you about the hip. I have what they call FAI with a cam impingement. the full name is femoralactiablum impingement so long story short this is what it means. The hip joint is detereating and I have a growth on the ball of the hip. Also the acctabulism (yea I know the spelling is wrong) is deteriorating as well. The hip area instead of coming out and rounding off it has some extra growth on it and that is adding to the impingement. All and all total hip replacement is in my future. As far as running the doctor said well 3 miles never killed anyone. Wish he was at the finish line cause it almost killed me. I retired from hockey as this was making it worse and I am okay with that as I have found a new sport that I love and it is going to take me a while to get to where I am happy with my results which if any of you know me that means till I am competitive with my age group. top 10 in my age group at any race is my goal. I took it easy on the run as it was my first 5K run that I have ever done and I was very nervous about it. I know I can push it harder on the next one which looks like the first of August. I have set it that way so i can keep working on my weight I want to loose another 25 pounds. I want to get to the 180's range I am holding at 208 right now and I am happy with that. Here are a couple of pictures from my first tri. Sheila loves the last picture. I had a great day and a great race my goal was 1:30:00 and I did it in 1:34:38 so I am happy with that and have something to shoot for next time as my goal is to take 10 mins off my time. Gerolyn and Kaylee are going to do a mini mini tri with me on July 30 it is a 300 yard swim a 5 mike bike ride and a 1.5 mile run. this will be so much fun to do this with them.



