The 4th of July was so much fun we had a huge barbeque of course what would the 4th be without a BBQ. This year we added a bounce house that was so much fun. Santa visited a family last Christmas and in return the family supplied us with a bounce house for a couple of days. The girls slept in it the first night and we had neighbor kids in it all day on the 4th. What was funny was we had to kick the kids out for a bit so the adults could play. It had a bounce portion and a slide it was so much fun. Even Kinzie played in it for a bit which was a lot of fun for her. And yes I went down the slide a bunch of times and if any one knows me I am just a big kid at heart. I love a saying that says "we don't stop playing because we get old we get old because we stop playing." I feel this is a very true statement so I will stay young for a long time because I refuse to stop playing, just ask the kids I tend or ask Sheila she will tell you I am her biggest kid and yes I admit it.
The girls had girls camp and had quit the adventure. Because of the wet winter and spring we could not get up to the stake property it was still snowed in so they went to the desert for girls camp. And as you would guess we had a storm front come in and the winds were horrible to say the least but the stuck it out and had a great time.
Kinzie had a great month she has become my sidekick more then ever. She just wants to hang out with me every minute I am home if we go some where to the store or an outing she is right at my side. She has been so funny the past couple of weeks as her teasing me has been nonstop from the minute I walk in the door. She knows it and loves to get me going and she knows the buttons to push and she is smiling the whole time the little pill.
Sheila will finish her internship on Tuesday and check out of school on Wednesday. She will be done and she will be officially a scrub tech. She is trying to find a job as a scrub tech as there are not many jobs at the moment. She has been an inspiration to me over the past two years and I am so proud of her. She wanted this so bad and it was hard at times, but she did it. What more can you say then she is just a awesome woman and we are so blessed to have her.
Now for the fun stuff as you know I have started to do triathlons and Sheila and Kaylee went to my fist Tri. Well today Kaylee and Sheila did their first triathlon. And they did a awesome job. The plan was to do it together but Sheila and Kaylee told me to go for it and I did more on me later. Sheila and kaylee have been only training for a couple of weeks. The swim had been giving them both a bit of trouble and I was a bit nervous for them as well. I was going to start after them to make sure they got thru the swim but when they heard about my plan they said no I should go for it and see how well I can do. They were going to stick together the whole way. I said okay and started in my swim time frame. I had a great swim and knocked a min off my best time did it in 6:30 could have done it a bit faster but the way the swim was set up I got slowed down a couple of times and could not pass. I hit the bike hard and did the course in 18:00 mins and as I was coming into the transition Kaylee and Sheila was heading out on the bike. As we passed they were happy to be done with the swim and Sheila yelled she wasn't the last out of the pool. I was re leaved they made it with out any issues. So onto the run for me as they were on the bike portion. I will remind you I am not a runner but I am making progress and we will leave it at that. I am happy no one passed me on the swim or the bike, and I was feeling good because I passed allot of people. Yes Brian it does make you feel fast. I did get passed on the run but not by too many people and I was holding my own pretty well. I finished the run and quickly walked over to the transition area to see if the girls had made it back. As I met up with Joelle, Kinzie and Addison just outside the transition area her came Sheila and kaylee and they looked good. I watched them transition to the run and took some pics as they ran pass me. We waited for them at the finish line and they had a fantastic sprint for the line. Sheila edge Kaylee out at the line but Kaylee beat Sheila in overall time by a couple of seconds. And they have now completed their first triathlon. What a awesome day for everyone. They both meet their goal of doing it under 1:15:00 and me I took third in my age group so I am happy with that with a time of 52 minutes. The family was there to cheer is on except for Gerolyn who was at Stake Youth conference having a great time of her own. Here are a couple of pics of the race

Kaylee and Sheila sprinting to the finish.

Todd sprinting for the finish
Finished .TC