Carton Family

Saturday, September 3, 2011

August in the books

Well August was a fun month and it ended with a bang. Lets start with the high lights and the big news. Sheila finished School and her internship. What a woman she is. I have so much respect for her she did 40+ hours a week in her internship she also worked some ugly hours at work. The fun came when she took her national exam. She had been fighting the flu for a couple of days and she took the exam sicker than a dog. I asked her how she felt she did and her answer was she just didn't care she was glad it was over. I am pretty sure it was the flu talking and not her. We had to wait a couple of weeks to get the result's and she passed. She is now nationally certified as a surgical tech. YUP she is awesome.

The girls enjoyed the last bit of summer and they had a great time. They both got cell phones and they are happy happy happy!!!!! Gerolyn had a issue of staying up late texting but we worked out that small issue and she is doing better at it. Kaylee lost hers and it took a week to get it back. Riley was able to track it down once they turned it on. I raced over and confronted a big Tongan to get it back. He was a good foot taller then me and made me look small. He was not fat just a big boy. I had to threaten to get the cops involved and during the middle I wish I had had some protection with me other than Riley on the other end of the cell phone. I even dropped a couple of F bombs to get my point across but it payed off as we got it back. I had to replace the micro sd card and the back of the phone but I have a great story to tell. She will not lose it again she tells me and I hope that is true I don't want to face another big guy again. They are both back in school and seem to like it this year but it is only a couple of weeks into the year check back in December and see how they are doing.

Kinzie is doing good we had a rough start as she went three days and got pink eye. Three days, she went three days spent the whole summer with no issues and three days into the school year she has pink eye. It was a bad one as it got infected on top of it and gave us a good scare. She is having trouble getting back into the swing of it she loves to sleep in and does not like getting up at 6:10 to get ready for school. She has become my little shadow again any time I am home she is right beside me teasing me and the funny thing lately is when she knows she is getting the best of me she will out of the blue give me a big hug and a kiss. Hum yea hard to compete against that as she walks away I just know she is giggling under her breath. I just sit there dumbfounded like what the heck you think you can just walk away after teasing the crap out of me?!?! Oh no you didn't and a small chase ensues and a bit of tickling and she is happier than a dung Beetle in a pile of dung.

Riley and Jo are doing well its hard to be apart but they are doing a great job. Addison is getting so big she changes so much each time I see her. She came for a small visit today and when I came around the corner she got a big grin and jumped into my arms. She was just happy as can be it melted my heart. Too bad we were on our way out the door I would of loved to have played with her all day. Se is coming over Monday so I will get to play a lot with her.

Marcus is doing good working a lot of hours they have a small apartment and seem to be happy. Heather seems to be relaxing a bit around us so that is nice. Marcus should have his truck going this week.

Now for me. I am holding right at 203 pounds last month and can't pull of the 200 pound mark. But I have lost a lot of weight so I am sure it is just the body getting use to were I am now. I have been doing a lot of riding and I am enjoying it so much this year. I rode with Travis a week ago and it was so nice to ride at 19 mph and not be struggling to hang on to his wheel. I pretty much paced him the whole way and that was nice he was so impressed because the last time we rode together was last year when I was having so much trouble I couldn't even hold 15 mph with him and got sick on the ride. Feels so good to be able to ride with the group again. Work has been crazy as we have been short handed so I have been putting in a bunch of overtime.

The other big news this month was we celebrated our 25 anniversary this month. We had a great evening and I surprised Sheila with a gold band. It was so awesome as I was able to sneak it into the restaurant with out her seeing it. We had agreed to not give each other a card this year so when dinner was over I held the box up so she could see it. It was all she could do to not cry. She said we agreed to not do anything. I reminded her we agreed to not give each other a card we did not agree to not give each other a gift. We had planned to be in Ireland for our anniversary but we could not pull that off. It was okay as we had a great evening. As we were able to just spend some time with each other. I had to call the evening short as I had not been feeling that great for a couple of days. I had had a fever off and on as well as the chills for a couple of days. I was not too sure what was going on as I had found a lump the size of a walnut in my groin area last week that I thought was just a saddle sore coming on. Well like I said I had to call the evening short as we were in the store I stomach rumbled and I had to run to the bathroom. Once in a while this happens if I eat out the body is still resetting after the gallbladder was removed. I went to the bathroom and noticed that I had a bit of blood in my skivvies which was a relief since I now knew the lump was a cyst and probably not cancer. We went home and around midnight I started to throw up and then the other end kicked in so one end on the pot the other puking in a bucket. The infection was hitting me full boar it was going to be a long night. The next day I could not even get out of bed which was not good as I had Kinzie and kaylee home sick as well. I had a appointment with Dr. Noyes and I missed it as best we can tell she was trying to get me into see him and at the very end she gave me their office number which was 440 I heard your appointment is at 4:40 so we missed him. Which was okay as the cyst had gone into full rupture I was still sick but was feeling better. We rescheduled for Wednesday and I made this appointment. Not sure that was a good thing as he had to open it up and get all the infection out. No one was with me so all he could do was give me a local. I will tell you it was very painful and I had to apologize to the front office staff as they could hear me yelling while they were performing the procedure. I know that their will be permanent finger marks in the exam table I was on. Oh well in the end not cancer and i am getting better. I hope to be back on the bike by the end of next week. I hope the hole heals with out any part of the cyst left as if it does have any left they will have to go in and cut it out. This time I will take someone with me so I can have something more than a local. So just resting this holiday weekend not doing much.

TC