We were woken up this morning at 4:30 to the smell of smoke. Not a fun way to wake up and the adrenalin has not worn off yet. The motor on the swamp cooler decided to die during the middle of the night. Can't blame it I think it is about 11 years old. So I will have to get a new motor today. I know it is Sunday but with Mikinzie and Joelle in the house I don't want them to be uncomfortable. Joelle is a couple days past her due date so she is already miserable and Mikinzie doesn't do very well in the heat.
I have been thinking about doing a blog for a while and have been following a couple of friends blogs. I think the thing that made me decide to do it was a couple of weeks ago I was contacted by an old friend from high school. After we caught up a bit he encouraged me to start it so here we go.
Since I couldn't get back to sleep this morning I have had some me time which has been nice to just sit and think and just collect my self. Its been a long week and some down time has been nice. I have been watching the tour DE France this morning and I am still very impressed how fast they ride. I know I will never be as fast as the slowest rider in the tour but that is why I am not a pro cyclist. Most of my cycling is done for fun at least for the rest of this year. I have one race I want to race but it is not till October so I have some time to work on my climbing and my form. The race is City Creek bike sprint and it is up my favorite canyon. I think it is my favorite because it is the first canyon I climbed on my bike.
the family is doing good. Sheila is hard at it in school, she is doing so great I am very proud of her. Not only is she in school for her surgical tech program she is also working at LDS in the OR. Joelle and Riley are expecting their first child and our first grandchild. It has been harder for me to wait for this baby then it was for any of my own. It has been harder then waiting for Santa to come Christmas morning. Marcus is doing good he had a rough week with some stitches but he seems to be on the rebound. Gerolyn and Kaylee are getting ready for girls camp and Mikinzie is just having a great time with everything she can get into. And me I had a rough week at work as was so glad for Friday to arrive. short work week this week with the 24th of July Holiday. For those that are not here in Utah it is a state holiday to celebrate the arrival of the Mormon Pioneers into the Valley.
I got in some great rides this week. I finally felt strong on the bike again which is a good sign. I was able to pedal above 80 rpm for miles and miles and not feel fatigued. This was a great feeling I did some interval training and some steady state intervals. And I dropped 7 pounds this week. all in all a good week.
todd