Carton Family

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Too be a kid again

I have to tell you about my ride home yesterday. Most of you know I commute on my bike as much as I can. So last night I left work and the skies were very dark but I was in a adventurous mood so off I went. It was just starting to sprinkle as I left work so I took the shortest route which is 10 miles. The wind was very strong coming out of the south so a tail wind. I was in my biggest gear doing 27mph and not pushing very hard which was a lot of fun for most of my rides I usually have a head wind. I was about half way home when the skies opened up on me. And it poured but it was a very warm rain and it felt good. So I kept going I did slow down as the road was a bit slippery with all the water on it. I stooped for a couple of minutes on 3900 under a pavilion to answer a couple of texts. Seemed like my riding buddy was on 14400 and he was soaked as well. I sent him a text saying it was the funnest ride I have had all year. He said the same. I took off again to the dismay of some other riders hiding from the rain. As I kept going I let my mind wonder back to being a kid and riding in the rain. As the memories flooded in I didn't care about what speed I was going or what my pace or my cadence was. At that point in time I was 8yrs old again and just having fun. I even caught myself with the biggest smile and even laughed out loud. I even wondered what time it was and was I going to miss diner. This is not good when you are a kid. I was carefree with no worries for a while and I needed it. Thank goodness for little things like a rain storm, it was so refreshing.

I had even some better news today as I read my friends blog, their baby's results came back and her spinal fluid was cancer free. Talk about a miracle. I know many prayers have been offered in her behalf and for her parents as well. It is such a relief to hear the news. I know she has a long way still to go but things are looking up for them. I can't wait till I finally get to meet her it seems I already know her from reading the blogs that her parents write. It will have to wait a while as she needs to regain her immune system. Hopefully she will be strong enough for a visit from Santa this Christmas.

The family is doing well the girls are getting ready for the youth activity as they are going down to Palisades for a couple of days. They are stopping at the Manti temple to do some work and then going on for other activities the rest of the week. Kinzie loves to help Joelle with her new niece. And Sheila is getting ready for her final test in anatomy coming this Monday. And she is loving her new Grand baby. Me too as far as the grand baby goes. One of our head pathologist Dr. Ilstrup was talking to me yesterday and gave me one of the funniest quotes I have heard in a long time. "Grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers." I have laughed harder and harder each time I think of this. Those of you who have teenagers know this and yes the reward is sooooo worth it. I will post a couple more pictures tomorrow.

Todd