Update on the cooler going bad Sunday morning. We ended up replacing the cooler I guess it did its job the last one lasted 11 years so I can say I got my monies worth. The new cooler is working great.
the commute to work this week has been kind of odd. I have had a big head wind on my way home both days but I am clocking in some great times in the wind. Part of the good times is I am using the TT bars and when I get onto them I am going very fast being as aero dynamic as I can. I did stop to help a rider tonight she took a corner a bit too fast and went down she was okay but the crash took off some skin. If you ride long enough you will go down and have road rash. Yes I do shave my legs and it is not for speed it is for when I do go down I can clean it easier and less chance of infection. But all in all I am having good rides and feeling good.
Received a text from my friend tonight. He is over the wounded warriors out of camp Lajune in North Carolina. The trip is set the team will be here on the 12th of August. The race is the 14th this year. for those who don't know what the program is the wounded warriors project is for our military that have been wounded in Iraq or Afghanistan. The biking program is to help them get back to duty or to help them adjust back to civilian life. It has been my honor and privilege to work with these men over the past couple of years. After seeing what these men have done for our country and what they are going threw it is the least I can do to help them. I owe them so much for protecting me, my family, everything I take for granted living in this country. It is truly awesome to work with them. So wahoo I am very excited to have them come back. I am not going to race we will spend the day riding support for them. I will have other people help us with support or riding with them. The picture was taken last year with the team that came out. We are at Salt Aire when Sheila took this picture.
I will give updates as things progress on the race.Our two youngest girls are at girls camp this week. It was hard for them to go since Joelle is going to have the baby this week and they wont be able to see her till Friday. but it was good for them to go. Sheila is off this week to be with Mikinzie and of course to await the new arrival. I am so jealous I will admit it. I would have love to take some time off to spend with Sheila and Kinzie. All is well.
Todd