Carton Family

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Family Pics

What a wild couple of weeks we have had. Sheila has been very busy at work and school and I have been very busy at work and getting ready for the HO HO season. I have been very blessed with the jobs that I have been able to book so far this year I think I have booked 20 jobs so far and I have a bunch more trying to figure out dates that will now fit into my schedule. Santa will have allot of stops this year. Which brings me to the dreaded week before Thanksgiving. I know that sounds odd to hear. But let me explain. You know Christmas is not till December 25 but Santa has to be ready to go the day after Thanksgiving so that means I will start dying my beard and hair this Sunday. I will be honest I am not looking forward to this part as it does hurt a bit to get the everything white. I know you are already laughing and saying hey in a couple of years you wont have to dye your hair and your probably right. The chemicals that you use will burn my skin and I will have blisters but when it is all said and done and I have a little child sitting on my knee looking into my face and telling my what Santa can bring them, well its worth any pain I will have to endure.

I can not describe the magic that you can see in a child's eyes when this happens but I will say this. If you have every thought about what believing and Faith look like and I think they go hand in hand you need to look over my shoulder and into the eyes of little child when they are talking to Santa. That is what I think pure faith looks like. It will melt your heart down to the core and you have no choice but to start to think what the true meaning of Christmas is all about. I have a story that I will read to some of my party's it is Santa and the Christ Child. I read it for the kids but the story has such a deep meaning that when I am done I will catch allot of adults with tears running down their cheeks. As you can tell I get allot more out of being Santa then just a little extra money.

We did get some family pictures in this past Saturday. I have reset the pictures at the top of the blog with a couple that was taken this past weekend. It was hard to pose everyone and then jump into the picture and have someone else take the picture as I am usually the one behind the lens taking all the shots. It was also very cold while we were taking the pictures so we cut the time short so no one would get sick. Too late Sheila and Kinzie both are sick this week and I have been fighting something for a week or so. And I must have pinched a nerve in my right hip as it has been giving me fits all week. May have to call Dr. Jensen and have him adjust my hip again. We can't have Santa limping into a party now can we.

I will do a before, during and after picture as I transform into Santa this year. Have a great week.

tc