Carton Family

Sunday, November 28, 2010

A week in review

What an eventfull week. We started out like any other week. Work, school,blizzard, Thanksgiving, work, and the weekend. So lets start with the begining. Work was just work not a big deal. Then school, our instructor was not there; she is from Alabama and terreified for the snow. So we are going along, I was able to test out of two chapters and take a final. ( which I did not pass the first time). So Pam ( instructor) calls worrying about the blizzard comming in and she dismisses us at 1330. Which I thought was silly but great at the same time. It was a chance for me to take my time getting home. Thinking all the time " people stop panicing it is just a storm". So I get home and we get dinner and Todd gets pellets for the stove, then it comes in. It hits like a wall of white. it was so cool, the wind and the snow. I was truly greatful for my home and the protection it gave my family. The news talked about school closures. I was not lucky enough to have a school that closed. I went to school and passed my final. The roads were not that bad, but I was greatful that I had grown up with the snow.
After passing my final on Wed. I left for my mothers house to finally make a Mrs. Claus out fit. On my way the windsheild wippers on the car were not wipping the windsheild. IT was so scarry, at one point I had both hands on the steering wheel and saying out loud " Lord I can not see, I can not see, please help me". just then a big yellow truck passed me and I got right behind it. I was able to get off the freeway safely because of that truck. I went right to Nappa and they helped me with the wippers. God works in such wounderful ways. Mom and I were able to get the outfit done without a pattern. My mother is so talented. We still need to take pictures and then Todd will post them.
On Thanksgiving the girls and I went to my sisters house for dinner. It was so nice and no stress. my sister Leann had a little activity for us and told a story about our grandparents. After that we did a craft and came home to have pie with Todd. A very enjoyable day. I fine that as I get older I take in thing a little differently. I look at the snow as beautiful and a new beginning. I find that I get so much plesure in just being in the moment and try to keep the feeling forever. Like the feelilng of sun on your face or how it feels when big snowflakes fall on your face. How the touch of someone makes me feel. I have learned to love christmas because of the love Todd has for it and the joy he gets form playing Snata. the faces of children and adults is magic. It makes me feel like the love of christ must feel like that. Such awah that is is indescribable.
On friday I worked for a few hours and then got to come home and take a nap and then a date with Todd. We saw the Harry Potter movie and dinner. then I was on call from 2300 to 0700. I did not get called in but at 0710 I got a call from work saying I was on the schedule to work till 1500, No I said I am not. I went to work anyway. It was an enjoyable day. The staff on the weekends are just amazing. And I was just written in and not asked so I got time and a half with a 50.00 dallor stiphen. It mad it worth my time. the rest of saterday was spent with the family. It will be just another week this week which I am fine with. I am looking forward to Saterday and being Mrs. Claus for a great cause.

All my love
Sheila